Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE) department was started in the year 2000. Department has well qualified and experienced faculty members. Department is actively involved in conducting Conferences and Workshops periodically .Department has well equipped laboratories with a view to strengthen research & development activities. Electronics and Communications Engineering (ECE) involves researching, designing, developing and testing of electronic equipment used in various systems. Department provides an in-depth education in engineering principles and motivate the students to take leadership positions.
The stand that the term 'electronics' occupies in the vast realm of communication mainfests the in-depth assimilation of the idea.''where we were and where we are now".This idea comes alive through all products and services like mobile phones, i-pads also through the design and application of electronic devices, circuit and systems, signal processing and communication that Electronics & Communication Engineering encompasses. Moreover, it is an integral part of the wide range of artifacts and systems from CD players and computers to radar and aircraft. The Electronics and Communication Engineering Department at SKIT, while imparting the curriculum knowledge, works on the principle of bringing forth insightful improvements in all the products and services of the specified field.
- The B.Tech. program of the department has been thrice accredited by NBA.
- The department has all the equipment required for course work of B. Tech, M. Tech and Ph. D programs. These can cater for desired research work. This includes 14 GHz Field Fox microwave analyzer (VNA) (N9916A), 1 GHz spectrum analyzers, signal synthesizer, signal generators, 200 MHz digital storage CROs, optical fiber communication equipment, CDMA-DSS trainer kit, Doppler Radar, Advanced MIC trainer, CMS320C6713 DSP Platform with Code composer Studio, Power sensor, digital communication trainer's kit & experimental board for DSP's, CPLD's, FPGAs and embedded microcontroller trainer kit with interfacing etc.
- It has a mix of analog and digital equipment for hardware design, microprocessor and microcontroller programming, independent computing facilities to perform simulation based design using HFSS, Xilinx Vivado, LabVIEW, Or CADE/ Pspice, Mentor DSP and MATLAB etc. software of which complete support and related services are available.
- The department has well qualified and experienced faculty in sufficient number to teach and guide the students(as per the requirement of National Board of Accreditation).The students are divided into batches of about 30 students. A faculty member is assigned to every batch to mentor and monitor the students.
- The Department is having sufficient classrooms (Digismart classes also) and sophisticated laboratories, equipped with audio-visual aids. The department is equipped with uninterrupted power supply and internet connectivity. The department also has a well stocked library of its own.
- For proper coordination among the faculty, staff and the students, a healthy environment has been created in the department. Co- Curricular and extra-curricular activities are given due attention and opportunity. The department has student chapters of several international and national professional institutions like IEEE, OSA, IETE and ISTE. Students enjoy learning and experimenting in the “Embedded Club” of the department.
Laboratories are extensively modernized to broaden the scope of basic learning and setups-
- Research Center
- M. Tech (DC) Lab
- M. Tech (VLSI) Lab
- Wireless Communication Lab
- Project Lab I & II
- RF Simulation Lab
- Microwave Engineering Lab
- VLSI & Optical Fiber Lab
- Signal Processing & Image Processing Lab I & II
- Communication Lab I&II
- Advanced Microprocessor and Microcontroller Labs
- Electronics Devices & Circuits Lab
- PCB Fabrication Lab
- Instrumentation & Measurement Lab
- Industrial Electronics Lab
- Virtual Lab