Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE) was started in the year 2000. Department has well qualified and experienced faculty members. Department is actively involved in conducting Conferences and Workshops periodically. Department has well equipped laboratories with a view to strengthen research & development activities. Electronics and Communications Engineering (ECE) involves researching, designing, developing and testing of electronic equipment used in various systems. Department provides an in-depth education in engineering principles and motivate the students to take leadership positions. The Electronics and Communication Engineering Department at SKIT, while imparting the curriculum knowledge, works on the principle of bringing forth insightful improvements in all the products and services of the specified field.
- The B.Tech. program of the department is accredited by NBA.
- Department has RTU recognised "Centre of Excellence" in research field of "Antenna, Microwave and RF Engineering".
- Under the aegis of Centre of Excellence in Antenna, Microwave and RF Engineering, ECE Department has signed an MOU with Jyoti Electronics (www.jyotimicrosystems.com), India; a leading techno- trading house based in Ahmedabad, dealing in RF/Microwave design software and hardwares. Some objectives of this MoU are Knowledge Sharing, Training and Workshops, Internships and Industrial Visits.
- Under the aegis of Centre of Excellence in Antenna, Microwave and RF Engineering; ECE Department has signed an MOU with Tesca Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Jaipur , World's Leading ISO Certified Manufacturer & Exporter of Test, Measuring & Technical Education Equipment.
- The department has all the equipment required for course work of B. Tech, M. Tech and Ph. D programs. These can cater for desired research work. This includes 14 GHz Field Fox microwave analyzer (VNA) (N9916A), 1 GHz spectrum analyzers, signal synthesizer, signal generators, 200 MHz digital storage CROs, optical fiber communication equipment, CDMA-DSS trainer kit, Doppler Radar, Advanced MIC trainer, CMS320C6713 DSP Platform with Code composer Studio, Power sensor, digital communication trainer's kit & experimental board for DSP's, CPLD's, FPGAs and embedded microcontroller trainer kit with interfacing etc.
- It has a mix of analog and digital equipment for hardware design, microprocessor and microcontroller programming, independent computing facilities to perform simulation based design using HFSS, Xilinx Vivado, LabVIEW, Or CADE/ Pspice, Mentor DSP and MATLAB etc. software of which complete support and related services are available.
- The department has well qualified and experienced faculty in sufficient number to teach and guide the students(as per the requirement of National Board of Accreditation).The students are divided into batches of about 30 students. A faculty member is assigned to every batch to mentor and monitor the students.
Prominent Labs and Research Centres
Laboratories are extensively modernized to broaden the scope of basic learning and setups-
- Research Lab
- M. Tech Lab
- Project Lab I & II
- Microwave Lab
- Digital Signal Processing Lab
- VLSI Design Lab
- Advance communication lab
- Optical Communication Lab
- Analog and Digital Communication Lab
- Analog Circuits Lab
- Microcontrollers Lab
- Electronics Measurement & Instrumentation Lab
- Antenna and wave propagation Lab
- Electronics Design Lab
- Power Electronics Lab
- Signal Processing Lab
- Digital System Design Lab