The Department of Electrical Engineering is distinctly focused towards integrating academics with cutting edge technology in the field of electrical engineering. All efforts are subtly harnessed with the aim of preparing the budding engineers to face the challenging dimensions of technical excellence in areas such as Integrated Electronics, Electrical Machines, Control & Automation, Power Systems Design and Power Electronics. The Department puts in consistent efforts for field exposure to students through various research- oriented projects taken up for meeting the industry demands. The Department offers a perfect blend of electrical, electronics and computer related courses to help students pursue a professional career or higher studies. We invite you to join us to put in best efforts for society.
Vision of the Department
To promote specialized knowledge in the field of Electrical Engineering along with interdisciplinary awareness and to develop a framework to support the communicative and ethical needs of industry and society at global level.
Mission of the Department
• To impart quality education in the field of Electrical Engineering and to pursue research and higher studies by providing latest development through expert lectures, conferences and workshops.
• To facilitate and develop students for their better employability to adapt the changing needs.
• To encourage students and faculty members to undertake industry sponsored projects.
Program Educational Objectives
1. To prepare students for professional career in Electrical Engineering.
2. To develop proficient Electrical Engineering graduates with firm foundation in engineering for making professional career in core & IT sector and to carry out research and higher studies.
3. To induct creativity, effective communication skills, team work spirit and ethical attitude with an inclination towards lifelong learning.
After the completion of the program, engineering graduates will be able to:
1. Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes
Graduate will be able to:
1. Apply the concepts of Electrical & Electronics systems, Power System Operation & Control and Power Electronics & Drives in design and implementation of engineering system.
2. Demonstrate competitiveness and exhibit improved employability skills in area of Electrical Engineering.