The department is a dynamic and growing community of scholars with an emphasis on research-oriented teaching and is active in most of the dimensions of electrical engineering. Apart from academics, R&D, consultancy, continuing education programmes and administrative responsibilities, the faculty participates in many interdisciplinary activities for the perpetual enhancement of teaching skills. The department faculty regularly contributes to conferences and journals at The National and International levels for the sake of upgrading knowledge in the respective fields. The graduates of the department venture out for a wide range of organizations including reputed MNC's (Adani Power, TCS, Infosys Ltd. C&G, etc.), PSU's (PGCIL, BHEL, BARC, etc.), Armed Forces and Indian Engineering Services (IES). The students are also successfully seeking admissions in reputed universities all around the world for further studies and global exposure.
- B. Tech. the degree programme has been accredited 4 times in succession by NBA since 2009.
- Department started Ph.D. Programme (Electrical Engineering Research center, approved by RTU Kota) during session 2014-15.
- Other than routine teaching of the university curriculum, the department strives for continuous improvement by conducting project and design contests as well as preparatory test series to enhance the analytical and soft skills of its student and to strengthen their chances to achieve their goals.
- The cut-sections of various machines and transparent models of instruments have been procured to give the students a practical insight into their working
- A generalized Electrical Engineering Lab is established in the department with measuring and monitoring devices, various electrical and electronic components used in industries which enable students to work and learn practical applications of Electrical Engineering.
Prominent Labs with Facilities
Laboratories are extensively modernized to broaden the scope of basic learning and setups are so developed that students can realize cases of their interest and also implement experiments that are beyond curriculum but proindustrial. In addition, laboratories provide all the facilities to give practical awareness to the learners regarding industrial prototypes.
- System Programming: Simulation and Modelling Laboratory equipped with sufficient and latest configuration (Pentium Dual-Core Processor) computers with several advanced scientific, programming, simulation, and advanced designing software PSCAD, MATLAB & PSpice
- Control System Lab
- Electrical Machine Laboratory
- Power Electronics Laboratory
- Power System Laboratory
- Electrical Measurement Laboratory
- Basic Electrical Engineering Laboratory
- Electric Drives Laboratory
- Project Laboratory
- Analog Electronics Laboratory
- Microprocessor Laboratory
- Electrical Circuit Design Laboratory
- Digital Electronics Laboratory
- Embedded System Laboratory