Transportation Engineering segment of Civil Engineering Department is a RTU, Kota recognized Centre of Excellence which emphasize on research and technology transfer to enhance knowledge in the field of transportation and to solve transportation problems encountered by the real world.
- To create a resource center for exchange and dissemination of information & knowledge.
- To impart training to students and other stakeholders in the domain of transportation research.
- To promote multi-disciplinary research in the area of transportation engineering.
- To provide sustainable technological support for various projects leading to the development of transportation systems and materials.
- To bring awareness in the society related to road safety and utilization of waste materials.
Areas of Research
- Pavement Materials & Characterization
- Traffic Engineering & Transportation Planning
- Road Safety Engineering
- Rolling Thin Film Oven
- Aggregate Polishing Apparatus
- Aggregate Skid Resistance Tester
- Automatic Bituminous Mixer
- Digital Marshall Stability and Indirect Tensile Strength
- Centrifuge Extractor
- Concrete Permeability Apparatus
- Tile Abrasion Testing Apparatus
- Total Station
- Infrared Moisture Meter