1. About SKIT, Jaipur
Swami Keshvanand Institute of Technology, Management & Gramothan (SKIT) inspired from the preaching of Swami Keshvanand, was established in the year 2000 by Technocrats and Managers Society for Advanced Learning and Gramothan, Jaipur. The promoters firmly believed in the gospel of educating the rural women folk so that the essence of their learning can be cultivated into their children's lives to improve the scenario in rural areas. In order to fortify the same, they leaped forward to establish MRM Public School in Nirwana village of Sri Ganganagar district of Rajasthan in the year 1992.
Today, the institute is recognized as one of the centres of academic excellence in the Northern India. Located in the Pink City, Jaipur, which is a blend of traditional history and modern outlook, SKIT is surrounded by a rich green landscape and aesthetic elegance of arches. The vibrant pursuit of knowledge by the young aspirants makes the environment serene, pleasant and dynamic. SKIT is putting in efforts for making industry ready engineers and managers through effective Industry -Institute Interface. Apart from the University curriculum, SKIT also offers activities for research and development in various fields.
Students joining the institute share the box full of opportunities for professional and personal development through an environment of practical orientation, industrial interaction and student led activities which help the students develop good communication skills, integrated personality and greater competitive spirit.
2. What are the Programmes offered at SKIT?
The Institute offers under graduate and post graduate programmes in engineering and management field.
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.)
- Master of Technology (M.Tech.)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
3. What is the medium of instruction?
The medium of instruction is English.
4. What is the mode of programmes?
All the programmes are full time excluding Ph.D which runs as a full/ part-time programme.
5. From which body is SKIT approved?
SKIT is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi, Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India and Technical Education Department, Govt. of Rajasthan.
6. SKIT is affiliated to which University?
SKIT is affiliated to Rajasthan Technical University (RTU), Kota established in 2006 by the Government of Rajasthan to enhance technical education.
7. Is Institute accredited?
The engineering branches of our Institute are accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA), New Delhi, and also by Institution of Engineers (I), Kolkata.
8. From which university is degree awarded?
Rajasthan Technical University (RTU), Kota awards degree to the candidates.
9. What are the infrastructure and other facilities at SKIT?
Infrastructure at a Glance:
- Green campus spread over 13 acres with serene environment
- 900 kW Solar Power Plant (400kW rooftop and 500 kW ground top)
- Digital Classrooms with audio video aids
- Wi-fi enabled campus with Internet bandwidth 170 Mbps
- Research & Development Cell
- Laboratories designed for learning beyond RTU syllabus
- Communication Labs equipped with SANAKO & SNET
- Digital Central Library with online Journals & video lectures
- Central Computing Centre
- Stationery Store
- 24x7 CCTV Surveillance
- Smartly designed and well equipped Seminar/Conference Halls
- Digital AC Auditorium having a seating capacity of approximately 1000 people
- Well-equipped air-cooled Hostels for Boys & Girls
- First Aid and Medical assistance/ visits by senior doctors
- Indoor and Outdoor Gymnasium
- Cafeteria for healthy & nutritious food
- Hygienic Mess for meals
- Laundry facility
- Indoor and Outdoor Sports Facility like Basket Ball, Volleyball, Cricket, Lawn Tennis, Football, Badminton, Chess, Kabaddi, Table Tennis etc.
- A fleet of 16 college buses covering every nook and corner of Jaipur City
- 24x7 Bank ATMs of PNB, SBI, Indusind, Vijaya Bank
- 24x7 Backup Electric Supply
- Anti-Ragging Committee and Squad
- Women Grievance Cell
- Student Counselor
- ERP Software
- Safety and Security measures in the Campus
10. How can I reach at SKIT campus, Jaipur?
SKIT is located in Jaipur at Ramnagaria, Jagatpura, Jaipur (Rajasthan) India. The Institute latitude is 26.8231° N and longitude 75.8673° E.
Approximate distance from Airport, Bus Stands and Railway Stations:
- Jaipur International Airport – 7 km
- Narayan Singh Circle City Bus Stand – 11 km
- Sindhi Camp City Bus Stand - 16 km
- Durgapura Railway Station – 8 km
- Gandhi Nagar Railway Station – 9 km
- Jaipur Junction – 18 km
- Jagatpura Railway Station – 3 km
One can easily hire a cab/bike/bus/public transport from any destination to reach to SKIT. Cab/Bike of Uber and Ola is available in Jaipur City.
Google Map: https://email@example.com,75.8661804,18.75z
FAQs related to B.Tech. 1st Year Admission Procedure
1. What are the eligibility criteria for B.Tech. admission?
The candidate must have passed class-12 (XII) or equivalent exam with at least 45% aggregate marks (40% aggregate marks in the case of candidates belonging to SC (Scheduled Tribe) / ST (Scheduled Caste) / Non Creamy Layer- OBC (Other Backward Class)/ Non Creamy Layer- MBC (Most Backward Class) of Rajasthan State only) in each compulsory and optional subject from Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan (BSER) and/or CBSE and/or any other recognized Board/ University.
Subject combination required in the qualifying examination shall be as under:
Compulsory Subjects: Physics and Mathematics
Any one of the optional subjects: (1) Chemistry (2) Bio-Technology (3) Computer Science/ Technical Vocational (4) Biology
2. I have completed my XII from NIOS board. Am I eligible for the admission in B.Tech.?
Yes, you are eligible for the admission.
3. What is the age criterion for admission in B.Tech.?
Candidate’s date of birth should be on or after October 01, 1993 (on or after October 01, 1988 in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST and PwD (Person with Disability).
4. On which basis can I apply for admission in B.Tech. through REAP-2020?
Candidates can apply for admissions in B.Tech. 1st year programme on the basis of JEE (Main) Exam-2020 score and/or Class-12 Marks/percentile. But JEE (Main) Exam-2020 score will be given higher priority in comparison to class-12 marks/percentile.
If the candidates have not appeared in JEE (Main) Exam-2020, they need to apply on the basis of class-12 marks/percentile.
5. Can i avail the benefit of reservation quota in approved seats of SKIT?
No, Reservation quota is only permitted in the Govt. Engineering Institutions.
6. What is the REAP college code of SKIT?
The REAP college code of Swami Keshvanand Institute of Technology, Managment & Gramothan, Jaipur is 031.
8. What is the seat matrix of SKIT for admission in B.Tech.?
The distribution of seats in various engineering branches is as given below:
|Branch (Code)||Approved Intake||70% Seats
for Rajasthan State Candidates
|15% Seats for Out of
Rajasthan State Candidates
|15% Seats for Rajasthan
or Out of Rajasthan State
|Civil Engineering (05)||120||84||18||18|
|Computer Science and Engineering (06)||240||168||36||36|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering (09)||150||105||22||23|
|Electrical Engineering (07)||180||126||27||27|
|Information Technology (12)||90||63||13||14|
|Mechanical Engineering (13)||240||168||36||36|
9. Is there a provision of extra seats under various schemes other than approved intake for admission in B.Tech.?
Yes, The extra seats under various schemes approved by AICTE, New Delhi are mentioned as below:
TFWS (Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme): 5% extra seats of the approved intake are to be filled by the candidates belonging to economically backward class of Rajasthan State only. The annual income of parents (Mother-Father) should be less than Rs. 8 Lacs from all sources. These seats will be allotted on merit basis in the respective branch.
KM (Kashmiri Migrants): 5% extra seats of the approved intake are to be filled by candidates migrated from Jammu & Kashmir State. A certificate is required as proof of being a son/ daughter of a person from Jammu & Kashmir state by the competent authority. Eligible candidates should apply through REAP admission websites as per REAP schedule.
Supernumerary Seats under PMSSS (Prime Minister's Special Scholarship Scheme): 10 seats are to be filled by the candidates who belong to J&K state and also must have passed class-12 (XII) examination from Jammu & Kashmir Board and/or CBSE-J&K. The annual income of parents should be less than Rs. 8 Lacs from all the sources. Academic and hostel fees is not charged by candidates and is paid by AICTE to the Institute. Eligible candidates can apply through admission website: www.aicte-jk-scholarship-gov.in/
10. What are the criteria for domicile certificate of candidates belonging to Rajasthan state in REAP-19?
In case the candidate does not have the domicile certificate of Rajasthan State issued by the competent authority/ Govt. of Rajasthan then those candidate(s) will have to produce the domicile certificate (Prescribed format is available on REAP-2020 websites) fulfilling any one of the following categories:
Category-A: The candidate himself / herself or any of his / her natural parents (father / mother) is a bonafide resident of Rajasthan.
Category-B: Candidate has studied continuously as a regular candidate in recognized educational institutions in Rajasthan for the preceding three years up to and including the year in which he/she has passed / appearing the qualifying examination (i.e. X, XI and XII classes).
Category-C: Candidate is a son/daughter of either a serving employee or of a retired employee of any of the following:
(i) Government of Rajasthan (including officers of All India Service borne on the State cadre of Rajasthan).
(ii) Undertakings/ Corporations/ Improvement Trusts/ Municipal Boards/Panchayat Samities / Co-operative Bodies duly constituted by the Government of Rajasthan.
(iii) Statutory Bodies and Corporations formed under the Indian Companies Act incorporated in Rajasthan.
Candidate is a son/daughter of an employee of any of the Government Universities in Rajasthan or Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan or Government Engineering Colleges of Rajasthan who has put in at least 6 REAP-2020, Centre For Electronic Governance, Jhalana Doongari, Jaipur (Raj) - 302004 General Instructions REAP-2020 three years’ service on the date of submission of application in any of the above bodies.
Candidate is a son/daughter of an employee of Central Government or Institutions of the Central Government including Public Sector Undertakings or Corporations and who is on the regular rolls and is serving in the State of Rajasthan on the date of application.
Candidate is a son/daughter of an employee of Rajasthan origin, serving in Defence / Central Government services/Public Sector undertakings/National Institutes of Government of India, who has put in at least three years’ service on the last date for submission of application irrespective of his/her place of posting provided a certificate is submitted by the employee from the employer to this effect stating the State of origin and the home town as given by him/her at the time of his/her entry into service.
11. How many rounds are permitted in REAP-2020 counseling?
There are three main rounds of the counseling in REAP-2020 followed by one special round. The details are mentioned as below.
Round-I for Out of Rajasthan state candidates: 15% seats of approved intake would be allotted based on merit in this round.
Round-II for Rajasthan state candidates: 70% seats of approved intake would be allotted based on merit list in this round.
Round-III (Upward Movement) for Rajasthan State Candidates: Candidates [(a) who had their choice exhausted in the earlier round of allotment and (b) those who report in the allotted institute and apply for Upward movement through REAP-2020 web portal] would be allotted college and his/her upper branch according to the filled option/choice form.
Internal Sliding: The candidate of Rajasthan state need to apply online on REAP-2020 websites for the Internal sliding within the allotted institute according to the declared time schedule. The Internal Sliding will be carried out by the institute according to REAP-2020 rules for Internal Sliding. Preferred branch will be allotted against the vacant seats (if any).
Round- IV (Special Round): The candidates from Rajasthan state and out of Rajasthan state are eligible to apply against vacant seats (if any) in the special round as per REAP Schedule.
12. Is there a provision of management quota for admission in B.Tech. at SKIT?
Yes, 15% seats of approved intake are filled by candidates from Rajasthan state and Out of Rajasthan state at Institute level. Candidates have to apply in person for the admission in B.Tech. through Management Quota at SKIT Campus, Jaipur.
13. Is there admission and counseling office of SKIT in any other city?
14. How to apply for admission in B.Tech. at SKIT through REAP-2020?
All the eligible candidates can apply for admission in B.Tech. at SKIT through any of the following websites: www.reapraj.com | www.reapraj.org | www.ceg.rajasthan.gov.in
Date of commencement for filling of the online application cum registration form - 30.05.2020
Last Date of depositing the online payment of fees of Rs. 700/ - 29.06.2020
Last date for filling of the online application/registration form and choice filling form - 30.06.2020 <br/>
Candidates must follow the steps mentioned below while submitting the online application cum registration form:
Step-1: Deposition of Application cum Registration Form fee
1. Cost of REAP-2020 application cum registration form (online) is Rs. 700/- (Rupees Seven Hundred only) (non-refundable/non-transferable) excluding transactional charges for making the online payment will be borne by the candidate.
2. The application cum registration form will automatically become active after successful payment.
Step-2: Scanned documents to be kept ready before starting of filling Online form
1. Scanned image of his/her Photograph in jpg format (image size Maximum up to 100 KB)
2. Scanned image of his/her Signature in jpg format (image size Maximum up to 50 KB)
3. Scanned images of JEE Main 2020 rank card. (In case applicant registers for REAP-2020 on the basis of JEE Main 2020 rank).
4. Scanned images of mark sheets of Class 10+2(Class XII) or equivalent. (In case applicant registers for REAP-2020 on the basis of class-12th marks/ percentile).
5. Mobile number and email ID of the candidate.
6. Scanned copy of Aadhaar Card or acknowledgement receipt of Aadhaar card, in case of Aadhaar card is not available.
7. Scanned image of class 10th Mark sheet/ board certificate containing date of birth.
All scanned images must be neat & clean and legible.
Step-3: Filling of Online Application cum Registration form
1. Candidate must read instructions before filling the online application cum registration form carefully.
2. All the entries in online application cum registration form must be filled as required.
3. Candidate must upload all the requisite documents as instructed on the web portal.
4. Candidates have to fill in option/ choice form after successful completion of application cum registration form.
5. The changes are allowed in online application cum registration form before final submission i.e. before pressing the “Submit” button on the web portal.
6. Web page will not accept changes after final submission of online application cum registration form i.e. after pressing the “Submit” button on the web portal.
7. It will not be possible to make further modification in application cum registration from and / or option/ choice form in any circumstances after successful submission by pressing the “Submit” button on the web portal.
Step-4: Taking Printouts/ Hardcopy only after final submission of online application form.
Candidate may take printout of application cum registration form and option/ choice form, which will be generated by the web portal after final submission.
15. Is physical presence of candidate compulsory at the time of reporting at allotted college?
Yes, The physical presence of the candidate is compulsory.
16. What are the documents required for admission in B.Tech. at the time of reporting?
Candidates must carry self-attested photocopies of the original documents and also produce the original documents to the admission counselor for verification of the eligibility of admission at time of reporting. The list of supporting documents is mentioned below:
a) Original and two sets of photocopies of Class 10 (X) mark sheet
b) Original and two sets of photocopies of Class 10+2 (XII) or Equivalent exam Mark sheet
c) Original and two sets of photocopies of Migration Certificate (Other than BSER, Ajmer)
d) Original and two sets of photocopies of Transfer Certificate
e) Original and two sets of photocopies of Character Certificate
f) Original and two sets of photocopies/ printouts of Aadhaar Card/ Aadhaar Acknowledgement Receipt (In case Aadhaar card is not available)
g) Original and two sets of photocopies of Caste/ Kashmiri Migrants/ Person with Disability Certificate issued by the competent authority, If applicable
h) Two sets of printouts of the REAP-2020 Provisional Seat Allotment Letter
i) Two sets of printouts of the REAP -2020 Application-cum-Registration Form
j) Two sets of printouts of REAP-2020 Challan/ Fee Receipt
k) Original and two sets of photocopies of Medical Fitness Certificate (Format is available on REAP websites)
l) Four Passport-size Color photographs (Recent) of the Candidate
m) Two sets of printouts of Anti Ragging Undertaking duly signed by the Candidate, which will be required at the time of commencement of classes.
n) Two sets of printouts of Anti Ragging Undertaking duly signed by the Parent(s)/ Guardian, which will be required at the time of commencement of classes.
o) Two sets of photocopies of Income Certificate of the Parents/ Guardian, In case of TFWS seats allotted.
p) Two sets of printouts of REAP-2020 Provisional Seat (Upward Movement) Allotment Letter, If applicable
q) Original and two sets of photocopies of Fee Receipt which is issued from previous allotted college, If applicable
17. Is medical fitness mandatory for admission in B.Tech.?
Yes, The doctor will have to certify on a prescribed format (which is available on REAP websites) that the candidate is medically fit for pursuing engineering.
18. What is the college fee for B.Tech.?
Fees structure is determined by State Level Fee determination Committee, Govt. of Rajasthan. The detail of fees is mentioned as below:
Academic/College Fee- Rs. 77,000/-
Caution Money- 7,500/- (Refundable after completion of degree)
Registration Charge- Rs. 1,000/-
NBA Accredited Branch Fee- Rs. 3,000/-
1. Academic/College fee will be deposited in two installments (Semester-wise).
2. Fee structure may be revised by the State Level Fee Determination Committee, Govt. of Rajasthan, Jaipur.
3. Fees related to examinations/ development will be paid by candidates to the affiliating university RTU, Kota as and when required.
19. What is the boys/ girls hostel fees?
The hostel fee including lodging and boarding is given as below:
Hostel Fee - Rs. 93,000/-
Security Money- Rs. 5,000/- (Refundable after leaving the hostel)
Note: Fee will be deposited in three installments i.e. in the month of July, October and January each year.
20. Can I avail education loan for higher studies from bank?
Yes, All nationalized/ private banks provide education loan to the eligible candidates. Candidates are advised to physically visit the nearest branch of bank. Apart from this, Vidya Lakshmi is a first of its kind portal for candidates seeking Education Loan. Candidate can apply online and track the status of his/her application by accessing the portal https://www.vidyalakshmi.co.in/Students
21. Are Diploma candidates eligible to apply for admission through REAP-2020?
No. Diploma/ B.Sc. (Maths) candidates can apply for admission through LEEP-2020 , Board of Technical Education Rajasthan, Jodhpur website.
22. What is the address of the Coordinator, REAP-2020?
The Coordinator, REAP-2020
Centre For Electronic Governance, (Established by Government of Rajasthan)
Jhalana Doongari, Jaipur (Raj) – 302004
Phone: 0141-2702328, 9460561321 , 9461937294
Website: www.reapraj.com | www.reapraj.org
Contact us @ SKIT:
Swami Keshvanand Institute of Technology, Management & Gramothan (SKIT)
Address: Ramnagaria, Jagatpura, Jaipur (Rajasthan) 302017 India
Phone: +91 141 5160400, 2759609, 2752165, 2752167