Due to extraordinary growth in the infrastructure development in India and abroad, demand of skilled civil engineers is growing with high pace. To meet the growing demand of construction industries, our institute started B. Tech. course in civil engineering from the academic session 2011-12. All laboratories of the department are having latest technological instruments as per requirement of curriculum and also for research purpose. Civil Engineering Department also provides consultancy services on various technical issues to the society and government departments. The department is supported by a team of faculty members having excellent research credentials as well as extensive industrial experience.
- RTU recognised "Centre of Excellence" in research field of "Transportation Engineering".
- Department is institutional member of ICI (Indian Concrete Institute) and running Student Chapter of ICI. The Student Chapter of ICI was awarded with “Best Student Chapter” award by Ultratech Cement and Indian Concrete Institute - Rajasthan State Centre for the year 2019.
- Department is authorized by Govt. of Rajasthan for providing consultancy services to engineering departments.
- Department is also having In-house summer internship program. In this program software training and on-site training is provided to students to make them ready for the industry.
- Department is running “SKIT Test House & Research Centre” which provides commercial testing facility of building and road materials.
- Computer Lab of the Department is having latest version of Civil Engineering Softwares like AutoCAD, Revit, Civil 3D etc.
- Civil Engineering Students are facilitated by enrolling them for NPTEL online courses and Spoken Tutorial run by IIT's.
- Department is also having NIRMAAN CLUB, FINE ART AND CRAFTS CLUB and CIVIL ENGINEERING TECHNICAL FORUM for overall development of students.
- Department organizes Conference, Industrial Visits, Survey Camps and Expert Lectures from renowned personalities of academia and industry at regular intervals.
- Department is having well equipped smart classrooms with Internet connectivity. There is 24hrs electricity backup for uninterrupted studies of students. students.
- Department is having M-Tech course in Transportation Engineering .
- In addition to Central Library, Department is having its own library where faculty have access to reference books from well known publishers, Magazines, lab manuals etc.
- Concrete Lab
- Road Material Testing Lab
- Geotechnical Engineering Lab
- Structural Engineering Lab
- Engineering Geology Lab
- Environmental Engineering Lab
- Material Testing Lab
- Fluid Mechanics Lab
- Computer Lab
- Highway Material Testing Lab
- Computer Aided Traffic Studies Lab