Due to extraordinary growth in the infrastructure development in India and abroad, demand of skilled civil engineers is growing with high pace. To meet the growing demand of construction industry, our institute started B. Tech. in civil engineering program from the academic session 2011-12. We are also running M. Tech. in Transportation engineering from 2019-20. All laboratories of the department are having latest technological equipment as per requirement of curriculum and research purposes. Civil Engineering Department provides consultancy services on various technical issues to government engineering departments, private organizations and society. The department is supported by a team of experienced faculty members having excellent research credentials as well as industrial experience.
- Department offers M. Tech. program in Transportation Engineering.
- Running "Centre of Excellence in Transportation Engineering" recognised by our parent university (RTU) which provides training to government officials, professionals, research scholars and students.
- Department provides consultancy services on various technical issues and laboratory testing facility of building and road construction materials.
- Department is authorized by Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Department, Government of Rajasthan for providing consultancy services.
- Department is having active student chapters of Indian Concrete Institute (ICI), Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) and Bureau of Indian Standards (Standards Club).
- The Student Chapter of ICI was awarded with “Best Student Chapter” by Ultratech Cement and Indian Concrete Institute - Rajasthan State Centre for the year 2019 and 2022.
- Department provides In-house summer internship program in which software training and on-site experience is provided to students to make them industry ready.
- Civil Engineering Students are facilitated by enrolling them for NPTEL-SWAYAM MOOC through SKIT local chapter.
- Department is running NIRMAAN CLUB and CIVIL ENGINEERING TECHNICAL FORUM for overall development of students.
- Department organizes industrial tours outside state, survey camps, local site visits, workshops/hands on training and expert talks to enhance knowledge and skill development of students.
- Concrete Lab
- Road Material Testing Lab
- Geotechnical Engineering Lab
- Surveying Lab
- Engineering Geology Lab
- Environmental Engineering Lab
- Computer Lab
- Basic Civil Engineering Lab
- Fluid Mechanics Lab
- Hydraulic Machines Lab
- Material Testing Lab