To promote higher learning in advanced technology and industrial research to make our country a global player
To promote quality education, training and research in the field of Engineering by establishing effective interface with industry and to encourage faculty to undertake industry sponsored projects for students
We are committed to ‘achievement of quality’ as an integral part of our institutional policy by continuous self-evaluation and striving to improve ourselves.
Institute would pursue quality in
• All its endeavours like admissions, teaching- learning processes, examinations, extra and co-curricular activities, industry institution interaction, research & development, continuing education, and consultancy.
• Functional areas like teaching departments, Training & Placement Cell, library, administrative office, accounts office, hostels, canteen, security services, transport, maintenance section and all other services.”
We are committed to holistic development of the students, while simultaneously integrating them with the corporate world and the society. Our focus is devoted to equipping our students with necessary technical skills integrated with poly skills, so that they not only become good engineers but also responsible citizens. Some of the best practices followed at our Institute are mentioned below:
• We lay a great emphasis on discipline and attendance. The class attendance is regularly monitored by the respective batch counselors, HODs and by the central office. The parents of the students having less than 75% attendance are informed at regular intervals through telephone/e-mail/letter by batch counselors. Even after counseling if the students fail to improve, then these students are debarred from examinations.
• Special emphasis is given to improve communication skills of the students. In the first semester itself, we have introduced language laboratory to improve their listening, speaking and written skills in English language. They are also tested on-line periodically for their proficiency. This course is taught to them beyond their University curriculum.
• Soft skill training is imparted to students in the third semester by the faculty who are specially trained by Infosys Technologies Ltd.
• For the last one decade, we are running Toastmasters Club in collaboration with Toastmasters International, U.S.A. where students meet twice a week to sharpen their presentation skills and develop leadership skills.
• Faculty development is an important activity. Every year two in-house Faculty Development Programmes (FDP) are organised for faculty. Faculty members are encouraged to attend Staff Development Programmes (SDP) sponsored by AICTE, UGC, seminars, symposia, workshops, conferences, etc. Subsidy is granted to faculty to present research papers within and outside country.
• Faculty members are encouraged to acquire higher qualifications. They are also required to fill performance appraisal forms and based on performance and achievements, they are promoted to the next higher post under Career Advancement Scheme.
• The students securing first and second ranks in each class and branch are awarded cash prizes during the annual function. Competitions are held regularly among students under different student chapters and clubs and the winners and runner-ups are awarded prizes.
• Alumni Association organises Alumni Meet every year and the alumni doing excellent work in their respective organisations are presented with ‘PRIDE of SKIT’ award.
• The faculty members who publish good research paper in SCI journals are awarded certificate and cash prize and are felicitated on Independence Day every year.
• The Institute also publishes SKIT Research Journal bi-annually and the faculty members who publish original research work in it are awarded certificates and are felicitated on Republic Day every year.
• To promote creative writing by the students and faculty, the Institute publishes ‘SKIT Times’ quarterly.
• As a part of Industry-Institute Interaction, visits to industries are organised for the students from time to time. Experts are also invited for talks from Industries and reputed Institutes.
• Extra-curricular and co-curricular activities including games and sports are regularly organised. The students are encouraged to participate in games at the national level.
• The students are regularly reminded about their social responsibilities. Blood donation camp is organised every year in the Institute where a large number of students, faculty and staff donate their blood voluntarily. We keep record of prospective blood donors who can be contacted immediately if a request for blood is received from any hospital. Our Institute has been felicitated in the past by Hon’ble Governor of the State for our social orientation. Several other social activities such as village upliftment (Gramothan) and CLEAN-India are also undertaken by N.S.S. wing of the Institute.
• We have taken several steps to make our campus eco-friendly and environmentally sustainable. Rain water harvesting system, used water recycling system and renewable energy solar PV system of 900 kW (400 kW roof top and 500 kW ground top ) capacity have already been installed which has made our campus total green.
• We have implemented a value added feature, i.e, ERP for students, parents and staff members, without any additional cost. The leading tech-giant. This facility provides an access to student's attendance and performance which the parents also can access online. The student Lifecycle module digitizes the process of admission, time-table, attendance, exam and grading.