Swami Keshvanand Institute of Technology, Management & Gramothan (SKIT) inspired from the learnings of Swami Keshvanand, was established in the year 2000 by Technocrats and Managers Society for Advanced Learning. Today the institute is recognized as one of the centers of academic excellence in Northern India. The Institute is affiliated to Rajasthan Technical University, Kota for offering Postgraduate and Graduate Courses in Engineering and Management.
The Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) is the leading National Professional non-profit making Society for the Technical Education System in our country with the motto of Career Development of Teachers and Personality Development of Students and overall development of our Technical Education System.
The objective of the SKIT- ISTE Student Chapter is to keep the students of the institute updated about the recent technologies. The Institute arranges lectures and invites eminent personalities from Industries and other Organizations to deliver lecture at our campus.
The major objectives of the ISTE are to:
- Apply curriculum and educational processes to changing conditions.
- Harness the knowledge of Engineering Sciences for the welfare of the society.
- Develop excellent teachers and educational administrators.
- Improve teaching methods and practices and administrative usages.
- Enhance Professional ideals and standards to improve academics.
- Make an effective linkage between technical institutions, industry and society.
SKIT- ISTE Chapter major focus areas are:
- Providing training to the students to become "Master Students".
- Conducting various competitions within the college to enhance the competency and presentation skills of students.
- Encouraging innovation and excellence in students through various means.
- Publishing half-yearly newsletter to all its members.
- Promoting better career development opportunities and services for students.
- Arranging expert lectures.
- Extending full support for all the national seminars and technical events in the college.
- Enhancing the self-confidence and self-esteem of students.