IBM Academic Initiative
IBM Academic Initiative is a global program that facilitates the collaboration between IBM and educators to teach students the information technology skills they need to be competitive and keep pace with changes in the workplace.
As a member of the Academic Initiative students get unlimited access to hardware,full-version software, professionally developed courseware, tools, training, books, and discounts. IBM provides training resources like DB2, RAD, RFT and WID to gain knowledge about the latest IBM technologies and products offered at no charge under this programme.
INFOSYS Campus Connect Programme
Campus Connect is Infosys’ initiative to help increase India’s competitiveness in the knowledge economy. Campus Connect aims at evolving a model through which Infosys and engineering institutions can partner for competitiveness, enhance the pool of highly capable talent for growth requirements in Information Technology (IT) space. It is aimed at creating an effective means of backward integration into the supply chain by going into the college campuses from where the IT industry gets the people for its growth.
The goal of Campus Connect is to build a sustainable partnership with engineering education A variety of things are lined up under the Campus Connect initiative.
- Seminars and faculty training for colleges which gives faculty an industry perspective
- Alignment of college curriculum with industry requirements.
- Publishing of Infosys courseware on the web for its access by students and faculty.The courseware adds to the existing college courseware and highlights the integrated, systems way of looking at hitherto discrete topics. This is the courseware Infosys uses to prepare their new recruits for global “industry ready” standards.
- Sabbatical for Professors: Professors can pursue areas of research interest with Infosys, and also add to the intellectual content.
Some of campus connect “trademark” programmes:
Foundation Programme (Generic)
The Foundation Programme aligns technical competency to a student's individual needs. The methodology goes beyond teaching what is available in the books. It comprises real-life case studies, and insights into application of technology. These unique teaching aids go a long way in ensuring that the students are “industry ready.”
Faculty Enablement Programme
The Faculty Enablement Programme introduces to the faculty the 9 generic courses, CC teaching methodology, and prepares them to roll out the Foundation Programme in their colleges. This programme aims to bring about a paradigm shift in the learning and teaching methodology at an accelerated pace, to increase effectiveness. The way the faculty train the students, assess them and put technology to use undergoes a major change. It exposes faculty to the Infosys way of professional training and sharing industry best practices.
Soft Skills Programme
This programme aims at grooming individuals into excellent team players, who will have strong communication skills, and will adapt to the corporate work culture easily.
Student Industrial Visit
A student- faculty group from different engineering disciplines visit one of the Infosys Development Centers. The purpose of this visit is to demystify the image that students would have on the working of IT business enterprise. The well planned event exposes them to corporate work culture, learning environment, Infosys background, services offered to global customers, and learn about leading edge technologies through short lectures.
Campus Connect sponsors sabbaticals for the faculty, involving them at Infosys' Development Centres for 2-3 months with an aim to expose the faculty to real-life customer project experiences. This is very important, as the experience that the faculty gains here is further transmitted to the students.
Aspirations 2020: Infosys creates an exciting and appealing learning environment in the CC partner colleges through knowledge events. As a part of this initiative Infosys conducts a series of contests, clubbed together as Aspirations 2020. It includes an IT-related quiz, a paper presentation contest, and a “distinguished engineer” contest (will involve problem solving, crisis management etc).
Microsoft ED-Vantage Program
Microsoft works closely with the government, the IT industry, academia and the local developer community to partner in India's growth. Platinum Partnership with Microsoft for the department, where Microsoft has legalized our campus on MS licensing compliance, and will assist our students in Employment and Summer Internship. More details can be found here:
Microsoft ED-Vantage Program will apply to academic customers in India and are for higher education., Industry connections benefit is a Microsoft facilitated access to a web portal enabling eligible students to explore internships / or employment opportunities that are made available.
Students can access the Microsoft portal will be as follows:
- Any three MTA (Microsoft Technology Associate) certificates for facilitation related to internship opportunities.
- Any three MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) certificates for facilitation related to employment opportunities.
WIPRO “Mission 10X”
WIPRO “Mission 10X” is a quantum innovation project for enhancing employability of Engineering graduates in India through innovation. The vision is to increase the employability of students by 10 times. The Program enables college faculty with new and alternate training methodologies that provides input to a faculty to become a mentor, guide and a facilitator in the class and thus prepare their students to become more employable. The facilitators from engineering background who get deprived of any formal training on teaching are introduced to different teaching aids and methodologies which can be used in class room, so that the conventional teaching gets transforms to innovative teaching.
- Implementation of innovative teaching methodologies
- Faculty members will be eligible to obtain 3 international certificates.
- Mission10X Dale Carnegie Certificate in High impact Teaching Skills
- Cambridge International Certificate for Teacher and Trainers
- Mission10X Certificate in Teaching and Learning
- Invitation to Master Trainer’s Program at Bangalore, on merit basis for practitioners
- Train their peer at college level
- Opportunity to get published on Mission10X portal through case studies
- Participate in Learning Forums
- Invitation to annual regional/national Educator’s Meet
- Other academic initiatives like Academic Leadership Program for the principals and directors (Designed for senior academicians).
NOVELL Academic Initiative
We are Academic Training Partner with NOVELL. Novell announced the training cum certification programme in association with leading institutes. Over the last two decades, Open Source has evolved into one of the fastest growing technologies catering to multiple and diverse industry segments. Being an industry leader, Novell India has launched this unique industry and academic initiative to benefit thousands of aspiring Linux Professionals, to cater to this growing demand.
The programme has been designed to provide an edge for students and professionals alike, with custom made programs that scale up their ‘Administration & Advanced administrative skills in SUSE Linux’.
Join Novell and discover:
- Access to the Novell Academic Instructor Online Portal so students can find your offerings
- Free and low-cost training for academic instructors to help increase your profit potential
- Novell Authorized Instructors certification
- 50 internal-use software licenses
- Significant discounts on academic courseware and exams
- Train-the-Trainer (TTT) instructor training that brings the industry's best training to authorized instructors to increase your students' and instructors' head starts
- Opportunity to become a Novell Practicum Testing Partner to earn even more revenue
- A company ready to help you succeed
Open Source University Meet up (SKIT OSUM)
Open Source University Meet-Up is a student developer organization sponsored by Sun Microsystems that educates its members about open-source technologies through technical demonstrations, access to web courses, and discounts on Sun Certification
The Open Source University Meet-Up is a place for Sun to connect student developers to Sun’s wide array of open source software platforms, following Sun’s initiatives to open-source all of its software technologies. As a whole it also helps give software developers, students, and other interested people an opportunity to learn more about open source software.