The Department of Electrical Engineering offers a unique amalgamation of electrical, electronics and computer related courses enabling the students to pursue a professional career or higher studies in any of these broad areas. Since its inception, the department has touched new benchmarks in terms of quality education, research & development and industry tie-ups.
The department holds the honour to have been accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) since 2009 for its excellence in academic standards on all fronts. The distinguished and well-qualified faculty with wide range of specializations ensures an exquisite student-teacher rapport. The exhaustive syllabus consists of courses such as Electric Machines, Circuit Analysis, Electrical Measurement & Instrumentation, Power Electronics, Digital Electronics, Control System, Transmission & Distribution of Electric Power, Microprocessors, Electric Drives & Control, Switchgear & Protection and many more. Infrastructural facilities include well equipped laboratories namely Electrical Machines Lab, Electrical Measurement and Instrumentation Lab, Power System Design Lab, Circuits and MATLAB programming Lab, Power Electronics Lab, Electrical Drives and Control Lab, High Voltage Engineering Lab, Power System Modelling & Simulation Lab and more. The infrastructure and lab facilities are upgraded from time to time to provide opportunities to students to learn and innovate and keep them in sync with the industry advancements. Regular seminars, conferences and guest lectures are organized to establish ties with the industry and encourage and promote research activities in order to integrate them with the teaching-learning process.
To promote specialized knowledge in the field of electrical engineering along with interdisciplinary awareness and to develop a framework to support the communicative and ethical needs of industry and society at global level
To impart quality education in the field of electrical engineering and to facilitate and develop students for their superior employability, to pursue research and higher studies
The objective of electrical engineering program is to develop outgoing students to the level of technical competence so that they can easily be accommodated in industry system and/or to be made capable to attain higher qualifications and conduct research.
The Prime Program Educational Objectives
- To prepare students for a professional career in Electrical Engineering.
- To develop the capability in students to solve engineering problems, carry out higher studies and research in core areas.
- To induct professionalism, creativity, innovativeness and ethical attitude leading to better services of the society.
Learning Outcomes of the Course
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues, and
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- An understanding of event management, entrepreneurship and safety engineering.
- Knowledge about renowned institutions/organizations/companies related to electrical engineering in our country and also at abroad.
- Awareness about energy management.