We are committed to holistic development of the students, while simultaneously integrating them with the corporate world and the society. Our focus is devoted to equipping our students with necessary technical skills integrated with skills, so that they not only become good engineers but also responsible citizens. Some of the best practices followed at our Institute are mentioned below:
A. Green and Eco-friendly Campus
The primary objective of initiating the concept of green campus is to lay great emphasis on various practices related to environment and sustainability. This mainly consists of harnessing sustainable energy, water conservation and maintaining greenery. Rainwater harvesting and underground storage system, used water recycling system and renewable energy solar PV system of 900 kW (400 kW roof top and 500 kW ground top) capacity have already been installed which has made our campus total green.
B. Student Empowerment
Students are the lifelines of any institute and thus need a profound care and attention for their development. The institute empowers the students through the following measures:
- Discipline and Regularity: We lay a great emphasis on discipline. The class attendance is regularly monitored by the respective batch counselors, HODs and by the central office. The parents of the students having less than 75% attendance are informed at regular intervals through telephone/e-mail/letter by batch counselors.
- Communication Skills: Special emphasis is given to improve communication skills of the students. In the first semester itself, we introduce to students to language laboratory to improve their listening, speaking and writing skills in the English language. They are also tested on-line periodically for their proficiency.
- Soft-Skills Training: Soft skill training is imparted to students in the third and fourth semester by the faculty who are specially trained by Infosys Technologies Ltd.
- Campus Recruitment Training: The training and placement cell of SKIT organizes regular training sessions called CRT sessions along with detailed mock interviews to provide students with an edge to face the real placement drives.
- Toastmasters Club: The institute is a chartered member of Toastmasters International, California, USA since 2007. It provides students with the cutting-edge dynamics in communication and leadership skills.
- NPTEL / Swayam Courses: The institute is an active member of NPTEL and Swayam courses with AA ranking. The students and faculty members are encouraged to learn through various courses run by IITs and other prestigious universities.
- Scholarships: The institute provides scholarships to students based on need and academic excellence to support them continue their studies.
- Financial Support: Financial support to students for participation in National/International events.
- Extra-curricular Activities: The institute devotes weekly dedicated hours to extra-curricular activities through various technical and non-technical clubs operating with a potential participation of students and teachers. Extra-curricular and co-curricular activities including games and sports are regularly organized. The students are encouraged to participate in games at the state and national level.
- Incubation Cell: The institute has a dedicated incubation cell that promotes aid in constructive research projects.
- Registered Alumni Society: The institute has a registered Alumni society since July 2004 (https://alumni.skit.ac.in ) to promote and encourage a continuing interest in and loyalty to the institute.
- Security & Safety: The institute has separate hostels & mess for boy and girl students. Entire campus including lecture theaters and labs is under CCTV surveillance for security and safety.
- ICT-eSLATE: Institute has developed three studios “ICT-eSLATE: Smart Learning and Teaching Environment” furnished with the latest ICT enabled tools to generate quality e-content.
The students and staff members are regularly reminded about their social responsibilities. Our institute has been felicitated in the past by Hon’ble Governor of the State for our social responsibility.
- Blood Donation Camp: the institute organize blood donation camp every year where many students, faculty and staff donate their blood voluntarily. The institute keep record of prospective blood donors who can contacted immediately if a request for blood is received from any hospital.
- Village Adoption: The institute has adopted a village near Sanganer, Jaipur. This village is called Dantali. With reference to the adopted village, Dantali, the institute aspires to bring constructive changes in the life of the villagers about educational and social issues. It also instils a feeling of service to society among the students studying in the institute. The programme is executed under the aegis of SKIT NSS Unit.
- Several other social activities such as village upliftment (Gramothan), CLEAN-India, Swacch Bharat Pakhwada, Nukkad Natak, Education to under-privileged children etc. are also undertaken by N.S.S. wing of the Institute.
D. Faculty Development Initiatives
- Faculty development Programme: Every year in-house Faculty Development Programmes (FDP) are organized for faculty. Faculty members are encouraged to attend Staff Development Programmes (SDP) sponsored by AICTE, UGC and other institutional bodies of repute along with seminars, symposia, workshops, conferences, etc.
- Financial Support: Financial assistance is granted to faculty to present research papers within and outside country.
- Higher Qualification: Faculty and staff members are encouraged to acquire higher qualifications.
- Career Advancement Scheme: Faculty and other staff members are promoted to the next higher designation through a scrutinized and systematic Career Advancement Scheme.
- SKIT Employees Welfare Society: Institute has registered Employees Welfare Society.
E. Awards and Recognitions
- The students securing first and second ranks in each class and branch are awarded cash prizes during the annual function.
- Competitions are held regularly among students under different student chapters and clubs and the winners and runner-ups are awarded prizes.
- Alumni Association organizes Alumni Meet every year and the alumni doing excellent work in their respective organizations are presented with ‘PRIDE of SKIT’ award.
- The faculty members who publish good research paper in SCI journals are awarded certificate and cash prize and are felicitated on Independence Day every year.
F. In-house Publications
- The SKIT Times: To promote creative writing by the students and faculty, the Institute publishes ‘THE SKIT TIMES’ quarterly.
- SKIT Research Journal: The Institute also publishes SKIT Research Journal biannually and the faculty members who publish original research work in it are awarded certificates and are felicitated on Republic Day every year. The journal has its own separate web site www.ijskit.org
G. Industry-Institute Interaction
As a part of the industry-institute interface, visits to industries are organized for students from time to time. Experts are also invited for talks from Industries and reputed Institutes. The institute is an advance partner with many corporate institutions and associates with them in their academic initiatives.
H. Annual Fest
The institute organizes a mega national level annual fest called PRAVAH. The idea is to provide students with the real facets of team- work, leadership skills and creativity. It is also a magnificent platform to break monotony for students, faculty and staff members. This is one time of the year when the hierarchical positions among administration and faculty blur to give space to great bonding.
I. Value Additions
The institute have implemented a value-added feature, i.e, ERP for students, parents and staff members. This facility provides an access to student's attendance and performance which the parents also can access online. The student lifecycle module digitizes the process of admission, time-table, attendance, exam and grading.