Technology is an ever changing phenomenon. To keep up with the pace of latest happenings in the industry, SKIT faculty members and students are associated with the following professional bodies in the field of research and innovations, while also hosting numerous student and faculty chapters on campus. SKIT holds institutional membership of
these societies that also ocassionally fund student projects on campus.
The Indian Society for Technical Education is a national, professional, non-profit making Society registered under the Societies Registration Act of 1860. First started in 1941 as the Association of Principals of Technical Institutions (APTI), it was converted into "Indian Society for Technical Education" in 1968 with a view to enlarge its activities to advance the cause of technological education. The major objective of the ISTE is to assist and contribute in the production and development of top quality professional engineers and technicians needed by the industries and other organisations. Being the only national organisation of educators in the field of Engineering and Technology, ISTE effectively contributes in various missions of the Union Government. The Ministry of Human Resource Development, CTE/DST/MIT/State Govts, are well associated with the ISTE for programmes relating to technical education.
Objectives of ISTE:
- To formulate the general goals & responsibilities of technical education
- To adjust curriculum & educational processes to changing conditions
- To develop effective teachers & educational administrators
- To improve instructional methods & practices & administrative usages
- To enhance professional ideals & standards
- To foster research as a function complementary to teaching
- To cultivate fraternal spirit amongst the teachers, administrators, industrialists & professionals
- To bring about effective linkage between technical institutions industry & society
- To award Honorary fellowships, Awards and Prizes, for furthering the objectives of Technical Education
- For more information please visit: http://www.isteonline.in
IEEE is the world’s largest professional association dedicated to advancing technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity. IEEE and its members inspire a global community through IEEE's highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities.
Vision: IEEE will be essential to the global technical community and to technical professionals everywhere, and be universally recognized for the contributions of technology and of technical professionals in improving global conditions.
Mission: IEEE's core purpose is to foster technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity.
Through its global membership, IEEE is a leading authority on areas ranging from aerospace systems, computers and telecommunications to biomedical engineering, electric power and consumer electronics among others.
Members rely on IEEE as a source of technical and professional information, resources and services. To foster an interest in the engineering profession, IEEE also serves student members in colleges and universities around the world.
For more information please visit: http://www.ieee.org
ASME founded as the American Society of Mechanical Engineers promotes the art science and practice of multidisciplinary engineering and allied sciences around the globe.
ASME helps the global engineering community develop solutions to real world challenges. Founded in 1880 as the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, ASME is a not-for-profit professional organization that enables collaboration, knowledge sharing and skill development across all engineering disciplines, while promoting the vital role of the engineer in society. ASME codes and standards, publications, conferences, continuing education and professional development programs provide a foundation for advancing technical knowledge and a safer world.
For more information please visit: http://www.asme.org
SAEINDIA is India's leading resource for mobility technology. As an individual member driven society of mobility practitioners the ownership of SAEINDIA wrests with its members who are individuals from the mobility community, which includes Engineers Executives from Industry, Government Officials, Academics and Students.
SAEINDIA is an affiliate society of SAE International registered in India as an Indian nonprofit engineering and scientific society dedicated to the advancement of Mobility Industry in India.
To Continuously enrich knowledge base of practitioners in Mobility Industry and Institutions in the Service of Humanity.
- To enhance the knowledge base of members who are mobility practitioners within India
- To provide to its members access to SAE International programs and services globally enabling them to practice world class standard in productivity and quality
- To develop technical and scientific reports and engineering standards for the benefit of mankind
- To provide a forum for members to informally exchange views and ideas
- For more information please visit: http://www.saeindia.org
Founded in the year 1957, All India Management Association (AIMA) is an apex body of management with over 30,000 individual members, 3000 institutional members and 60 Local Management Association across India and overseas.
AIMA undertakes a host of management related activities and initiatives such as Distance Management Education, Management Development Programs, Special Conferences, Research & Publications, Testing Services and Competitions.
Today amid all the transitions, AIMA is helping the Indian managers to make the most of the new opportunities. AIMA is playing an instrumental role in assimilating the changing global perspective and equipping the Indian managers for it.
For more information please visit: http://www.aima-ind.org